Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing with 600 DPI setting stretches art

This is true in Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat and Preview. Using the 600dpi option in the OS printer dialog box.

The image on the right is how it is supposed to look (and was printed at 300dpi). The left is printed at 600dpi, and it prints until it runs out of paper length to print on, then the printer seems to crash. I'm not sure exactly what's going on here, but it's not right, I'm only getting my background stripes and nothing else.

Any ideas?

I would just print at 300dpi, but it really doesn't look so good and my colors are not correct. For example, the yellow should just be 35% yellow, but it prints with unfortunate specks of cyan and magenta. Same for the red, at 300 it has specks of cyan, at 600 it does not, as it should be... can't speak to the yellow at 600 since it never gets to that. It doesn't matter what color management I select.

User uploaded file

You're looking at paper bags taped to a legal sized sheet to get a bleed.

Printed on a HP Deskjet 1220C

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.7 i5, 12GB RAM, 60GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:14 AM

3 replies

Printing with 600 DPI setting stretches art

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.