Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

copy album of photos from Macbook pro to iPad

I would like to transfer a photo album from my Macbook Pro to my iPad. I believe this is done through the synching process in iTunes on my Macbook Pro. However, when I ask iTunes (on my Macbook Pro) to synch this album to my iPad I get the following warning:

"Photos synced to iPad from other photo libraries or folders will be removed and photos will be synced from this computer. Photos taken with iPad will not be affected."

I don't like "photos libraries or folders will be removed." This sounds like the photos on my Macbook Pro are going to get deleted when I send them over to my iPad. I definitely don't want that to happen. Am I misinterpreting this message?

Mac OS X (10.3.6)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:11 AM

Yes, you are misinterpreting it. What the message is saying is that any synced photos that you currently have on your iPad will be replaced with those that you have selected to sync to it - photos on your Mac will not be affected.

Synced photos can't be deleted directly on the iPad, instead they are deleted by not including them in the next photo sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2012 9:11 AM in response to bookworm1

Yes, you are misinterpreting it. What the message is saying is that any synced photos that you currently have on your iPad will be replaced with those that you have selected to sync to it - photos on your Mac will not be affected.

Synced photos can't be deleted directly on the iPad, instead they are deleted by not including them in the next photo sync.

copy album of photos from Macbook pro to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.