Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing - Image Position?

When I print a photo on 8½ X 11 photo paper the image is printed very close to the left side of the paper, leaving a wide margin on the right. I am using the default settings which should leave a small margin on either side. Is this being caused by some error in the settings I am using? I have selected "Maximum to fit" and ticked the "crop image to fill" box. I have tried selecting various paper sizes, including A4, US letter and 8 X 10 and 8½ X 11 (a custom size). I have tried other, smaller paper sizes with the same result.

I am using a HP Deskjet 3054 with Aperture 3.4.3 and Mac OS 10.8.2

Can anyone help, please?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 5:36 PM

Are the margins in the Print dialog box set to different amounts (at least for the left and right margins)? If they were (accidentally) changed it's possible those values were saved for the default setting. You can also check that, in the printer-specific print dialog (the second dialog after clicking the Print... button in the Aperture [first] print dialog), the "Scale to fit paper size" option in the Paper Handling section is unchecked. Or, at the least, that the Destination Paper Size is the same as the selected Paper Size in the Aperture print dialog.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2012 5:36 PM in response to Beetone

Are the margins in the Print dialog box set to different amounts (at least for the left and right margins)? If they were (accidentally) changed it's possible those values were saved for the default setting. You can also check that, in the printer-specific print dialog (the second dialog after clicking the Print... button in the Aperture [first] print dialog), the "Scale to fit paper size" option in the Paper Handling section is unchecked. Or, at the least, that the Destination Paper Size is the same as the selected Paper Size in the Aperture print dialog.

User uploaded file

Printing - Image Position?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.