Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My updated iPod apps don't sync to iTunes

I update my apps constantly on my iPod Touch (4th gen) But when I sync it the apps don't seem to transfer over. After a while I have update them manually on iTunes. How can I fix this? I used to be able to update them on my iPod and then transfer them over to iTunes whenever I would sync it, but now it doesn't seem to work.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.8), I want the new one :(

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:05 AM

6 replies

Dec 15, 2012 2:06 AM in response to Amr_odd2

Not sure what you are asking. My reply was about how to copy app updates that have been downloaded directly on an iPod over to a computer's iTunes - if they are on your computer's iTunes you can then take backup copies of them (apps and other items are occasionally removed from the store), sync them to other iOS devices, and you will need them on your computer's iTunes in case you ever need to do a restore from backup (a device backup doesn't contain apps, just their content and settings).

Dec 15, 2012 2:28 AM in response to King_Penguin

King_Penguin wrote:

You should be able to copy them over via File > Transfer Purchases (File > Devices > Transfer Purchases if you using iTunes 11), or by control-clicking the iPod 'device' on the left-hand sidebar and selecting 'transfer purchases' on the popup

With 10.7, apps were automatically transferred to the Mac

when syncing the iDevices and would replace previous versions

on the Mac. iTunes 11 has broken this very basic function of

what iTunes is supposed to do. iTunes 11.0.1 has also not addressed

this issue.

Yet another basic and fundamental function that iTunes 11 has broken

in favor of a glitsy interface!!!

Dec 15, 2012 2:28 AM in response to Amr_odd2

If you have a problem with iMessages then try these troubleshooting articles :

activating iMessages : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4268

troubleshooting messages : http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

I've just tried it on my iPad and it accepted my iTunes account and password for logging in (and I was able to send a message) and the Messages system is currently running ok.

If those articles don't help then you should start your own thread as your problem isn't related to the OP's question in this one.

My updated iPod apps don't sync to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.