Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch USB Connection.

How do I stop the Ipod Touch from showing up as a drive, when connecting to a Windows Laptop?

In the early days of use, the Ipod did not show as a drive when connecting up to sync. There was something I changed in the settings, and now I can't find how to go back to the original settings.

There's not much that the Ipod shows when opened as a drive as there is no camera on the Ipod 3g.

Computer - Windows 7

Ipod 3g.

Ipod touch 32gb, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 1:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 4:29 AM

If you have pictures on the Camera Roll, that will cause the ipod to show up as a drive.

The Camera Roll contains pictures saved from Safari and any screenshots you have taken on your iPod.

Look into the folders (DCIM I think) on the drive and remove any pictures you find in there. If you wish to save them, do so into a folder on your computer. If you want them on your iPod, save them into a folder that is Synced with your iPod.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 15, 2012 4:29 AM in response to Ribblev

If you have pictures on the Camera Roll, that will cause the ipod to show up as a drive.

The Camera Roll contains pictures saved from Safari and any screenshots you have taken on your iPod.

Look into the folders (DCIM I think) on the drive and remove any pictures you find in there. If you wish to save them, do so into a folder on your computer. If you want them on your iPod, save them into a folder that is Synced with your iPod.

Ipod Touch USB Connection.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.