Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is corecrypto kext started mean?

why as my imac come up with this screen on bootup?

whats it mean?

iMac, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:29 AM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2012 2:23 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi BD,

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little new to the Mac community so please be patient. Sorry but I don't know what FIPS is. I was using the Mac 2hrs previous and everthing was fine. This particular time the Imac booted in Corecrypto Kext and just hung. I had to turn the Mac off with the button. It has booted ok since

About a month ago I had a new hardrive fitted, someone has said that during the fitting, it is related to a bad solderd joint, any idea's?

Dec 16, 2012 1:35 PM in response to pault27

I'm a little new to the Mac community so please be patient.

Hey, no worry, feel free to ask... & Welcome btw! 🙂

As I understand it it's used to securely communicate with mostly governmental department, some Universities & Businesses... you never used it knowingly?

Bad solder joint & millions of other things could cause this.

AFIK, you should only get a coercrypto message if you set it up.

Sorry to say, but I think you may have to have it looked at in person, but...

Open console in Applications>Utilities, check the system log for the date/time of the last problem & the Startup right after that for clues.

Might try the search bar for...

crypto

what is corecrypto kext started mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.