Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to find an old ipad backup

hi i need to get thisn old backup back how do i do itn i am on a mac osx lion moutain please help

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 6:04 AM

5 replies

Dec 15, 2012 6:25 AM in response to detour12

If you want to restore from a backup, connect the iPad to the Mac, and launch iTunes, right click on the iPad name and select restore from backup.

If you are using iTunes 11, you can click on restore from backup in the Summary Tab of the iTunes window.

Where iTunes backups are stored on your computer

The folder where your backup data are stored varies depending on the computer's operating system. Make sure the backup folder is included in your periodic data-backup routine.

iTunes places the backup files in the following places:

• Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
  • Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
    Note: To quickly access the Application Data folder, click Start, and choose Run. Type %appdata% and click OK.
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\

Dec 15, 2012 6:52 AM in response to detour12

Do as Laxman says - launch iTunes and go to iTunes>Preferences>Devices. Every backup for all of your iDevices will be listed in that window. If you only see one backup, then you only have one backup available to restore from.

I have 11 backups that are date and time stamped - indicating that those were backups from when I restored my device from a backup.

I pointed you to where the backup folder is stored on your hard drive so that you can see if there is anything even older in there. In my case, that folder shows the same number of backups with the same dates as I see in the devices window.

iCloud saves your last three backups, I believe.

Apr 13, 2015 6:02 AM in response to Demo

Demo's path to view all the backups via Preferences>Devices lets you delete the later backups that you might not want. Then go back into the sync / backup options where the latest one you left in will then be to one iTunes lets you restore. Kinda a clunky interface... even Windows lets you scroll through available back up images for restoring the image. But this thread was very useful in letting me restore my Son's iPad which had been corrupted and backed up to corrupted image.

how to find an old ipad backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.