Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Apps / Microsoft Office '11

Looking for some instructions / advice please? Bear in mind that I'm new to the Mac OS world...

I purchased Microsoft Office for Mac (Student & Home version) - this only includes Word, PPT and Excel. I'm consiencious of wasting disk space and I wanted to remove some uneccesary aspects...it also installed Outlook, Remote Desktop Connection, MSN Messenger and Microsoft Document Connection.

All I wanted was to have Word, Excel PPT not the other garbage (but Microsoft Document Connection may be handy).

As my copy of Office doesn't even include a license for Outlook I wanted to remove that RDP, Messenger and all associated files. What would be the best way to do this? I have moved the 3 apps to the trash...is that it? How do I remove associated files (if there are any)?

I'm still too used to Windows where i would just "Uninstall" and then 'search' to remove anything else. I would prefer not to download a 3rd party app

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:37 AM

2 replies

Dec 15, 2012 12:07 PM in response to SSJAK

Do a spotlight search (upper left corner of task bar, looks like a Q, acually magnifying glass) Click it type in application name and it should come up with a hit, if you hover your cusor over it the path will be dipalayed. You can also click it. You can also search microsoft, as well as checking your applications folder for microsoft stuff you don't want drag to the trash. Shift,command delte will permantly erase them. There probably won't be much extra stuff, I've trashed the office before and it was gone. All the best

Deleting Apps / Microsoft Office '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.