Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get iOS Development Videos to play in Safari or iTunes

If I go to https://developer.apple.com/videos/ios/ and try to play any of the videos listed, they will not play. I am using Safari 6.0.1 on my MacBook Pro which is running OS X 10.8.2.

When I click the "Watch now" link for the video I want to see, the player is show at the top of the page. If I click the "Play" button, nothing happens.

If I try to download it in iTunes (11.0), the video appears to download without any problem but, there is no indication that the video downloaded in the video list (the little button still reads "Get" for the video I downloaded). If I click the video in the list, and hit the play button, nothing happens.

It's hard to believe I am having problems with both sources...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 8:43 AM

3 replies

Dec 15, 2012 9:15 AM in response to rogdawg

Well, I guess those videos are not supported by the current version of iTunes.

I originally had iTunes set to "Open in 32-bit mode" so I could watch these videos. But apparently, since I upgraded iTunes (and OS X), that setting no longer enables those videos to play. When that selection was enabled (Open in 32-bit mode), I experienced the behavior above. Once I de-selected that setting, and re-opened iTunes to try the video again, I recieved a message that stated "This movie requires QuickTime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes."

So, I guess I am out of luck?

This is hard to believe.

here is the issue, described again, in a question that has gone unanswered since October:

Unable to play developer video in iTunes

May 2, 2013 6:18 PM in response to rogdawg

I am having the same problem on an imac, macbook pro, and my iPad. On iMac and Macbook, i can switch to 32 bit to remove error, but still cannot play the video. On iPad it says it cannot connect to connect.apple.com.

These are Apple Developer Videos!!! 32 bit mode does not resolve my issue, the error goes away but the video still will not play or download.

I think the problem has to be with my Apple ID..... is that even possible.....

So very frustrating.... anyone out there that has had this problem and can tell me what to do, i would be forever in your debt!!!!!!

I can't get iOS Development Videos to play in Safari or iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.