Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to burn my photos to a CD. I am only able to move one, then after that I get,"the item IMG_2484.JPG could not be moved because untitled CD cannot be modified." Can you please help me with this?

The question is stated.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 10:24 AM

6 replies

Dec 15, 2012 10:54 AM in response to Spartagon

It helps if you at least let us know what you have done so we don't end up being redundant. For example, did you create a Burn Folder? Did the error occur when you tried to place the file in the Burn Folder? Are you trying to write one file at a time directly to the CD? We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are doing.

Dec 15, 2012 11:46 AM in response to Spartagon

That will not work. Once you burn anything to the CD it is closed. No more data may be written to it. What you need to do is to create a Burn Folder on your Desktop - Click on the Desktop then press COMMAND-SHIFT-N to create an untitled folder on the Desktop. Instead of dragging your images to a CD drag them into the new folder. Watch carefully how much data is in the folder since a CD only holds a maximum of under 700 MBs. Just select the folder. Press COMMAND-I to open the Get Info window. The size of the folder should be displayed in the upper panel. Ideally keep the total amount to few MBs to allow space for the disc's directory.

Once you have the images that you will burn in the folder put in your fresh CD, open the Burn Folder, select all the files (COMMAND-A) and drag the entire selection to the CD's Desktop image.

I am trying to burn my photos to a CD. I am only able to move one, then after that I get,"the item IMG_2484.JPG could not be moved because untitled CD cannot be modified." Can you please help me with this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.