Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport express question

I got an airport express the other day and set up my new network using an ethernet cable in my room. the only problem is, our At&t cable boxes run off the ethernet cables so now i dont get tv. Is it possible to go from the Ethernet LAN port on the Express to the Ethernet on the cable box? it worked earlier until i got on my computer the Cable box lost signal. Can i somehow divide up the data? How so?

AirPort Express-OTHER

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:50 AM

1 reply

Dec 15, 2012 12:41 PM in response to Bsbryan13

Typically, you would have the Cable modem connected to your ISP's Broadband cable service via a coaxial cable. In turn, you would connect either a single computer or a router to the Ethernet port on the modem using an Ethernet cable. The 2nd generation AirPort Express, as you know, has two Ethernet ports. You would connect the Ethernet cable coming from the modem to the WAN (circle-of-dots) port on the AirPort Express.

Airport express question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.