Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I partition a mac twice on the same volume

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 6:32 AM

You partition a disk drive into create volumes.

A drive can be partition again but a volume can not be.

What is that you want to do?

Allan

4 replies

Dec 16, 2012 7:16 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Allan,

I know it sounds flunky but here is why I asked the question. My wife uses Windows (I have Windows 7 on a partitrion on my iMac) but the last time I started the copmpuWindows does not work and Microsoft wants me to buy another one!! Go figure huh? This all started coming into my head when I fouynd that I canot get Firefox to work on the site that my wife works on. I have downloaded and installed all the required software for that site but it still will not respond to our input. The site works fine on Windows with Firefox 17 (after several installations of the required software, but to date I have not been able to get Firefox to work on my Max like it is supposed to work. If you have any insights to that problem it would be appreciated by both me and my wife.

Thanks again for your help.

Chuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.