Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Should I Sell My Broken iPhone 5 on Ebay

I recently cracked the screen to my AT&T iPhone 5. The phone still works, but the "glass" is shattered. Since it costs almost as much to fix the phone as it would to buy a new one, I was thinking about buying a new one, and selling this one on Ebay. People are getting some nice bids on Ebay, and that would defer most of the cost. In the past, I have sold my old iPhones that were out of the 2 year contract. Is there anything that would prevent me from selling this phone even though it is only a few months old? Would there be anything else I would need to do other than remove the SIM card. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:10 AM

It's up to you if you want to sell the iPhone but before you do here are some pointers

Make sure you backup to iTunes before you do anything!

Settings > Messages > iMessage > Off

Settings > FaceTime > Off

Settings > iCloud > (Scroll Down) Delete Accout

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

That will insure the device is free of your information to the future user.

Note: You will still be responsible for the contract with your sevice provider

Hope that helps

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 16, 2012 10:10 AM in response to Bluebuck

It's up to you if you want to sell the iPhone but before you do here are some pointers

Make sure you backup to iTunes before you do anything!

Settings > Messages > iMessage > Off

Settings > FaceTime > Off

Settings > iCloud > (Scroll Down) Delete Accout

Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings

That will insure the device is free of your information to the future user.

Note: You will still be responsible for the contract with your sevice provider

Hope that helps

Should I Sell My Broken iPhone 5 on Ebay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.