Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Haven't been able to smooth scroll for years...

I've used iTunes for years, since the 1990s. I don't remember that far back but at least for the past few years I have not been able to smooth scroll in any part of an iTunes window. Clicking on an arrow the scroll bar will be at a reasonable pace for a second or two depending on how many items there are to scroll and then take off going too fast, getting to the bottom or top of the list way too fast.

I have tried enabling smooth scrolling and disabling it. No change. I have disabled WIndow Shade* and that doesn't make a difference. (For what it's worth, iTunes 11 is not window-shading. ITunes 10 did.)

I have not seen any other posts with this problem so maybe it is due to something I have on my computer. I want to blame *Unsanity's Window Shade, which allows me to double click on the tops of any window to window-shade it like in the old days of OS 9. I really can't live without it... I am up to date on that and all other third-party apps and Mac software updates. Window Shade is the only haxie I am using. This has been a problem with OSX 10.4 as well as 10.6, what I am using now.

This is only a problem with iTunes. No other window has this problem. (Finder, browser, etc.)

I've sent feedback to iTunes about this.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I think I've read about some other totally unrelated option affecting this but can't remember which one. I think it is an iTunes option but it could be an OSX one.

Thanks.

Cheers,

John L

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 15" Quad core, 2.0/500/8

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:45 AM

There are no replies.

Haven't been able to smooth scroll for years...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.