Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VIP email alerts/notifications

I have an iPhone 5, I have a VIP contact setup in my Mailboxes, however, my alert do not show up when a VIP contact emails me. I don't see the email in the VIP inbox unless I refresh my mail then it shows the number of emails and then finally the alert pops up after I have already opened up the email. That just defeats the purpose of notifications if it takes me having to refresh my mail just to see that I have VIP mail. Is there something that I set up wrong?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 12:11 PM

3 replies

Dec 16, 2012 12:39 PM in response to KiltedTim

The VIP contact is emailing me to my gmail account which the same account i use for my iCloud, however, my mail set to OFF on iCloud. Under my mail settings I have my fetch new data set to PUSH. Fetch is set to manully. My gmail mail only offers Fetch instead of PUSH. I have set my fetch to 15 minutes will that help? My VIP settings are: Notification Center: ON, Alert Style: Alerts, Badge App Icon: ON, New Mail Sound:Typewriters, Show Preview: OFF and View in Lock Screen: ON. Even though the view in lock screen is ON the VIP alerts do not show up when my phone is in lock mode.

Dec 16, 2012 12:48 PM in response to KiltedTim

Now I have my gmail settings as: Notification Center: ON, Alert Style: None, Badge App Icon: ON, New Mail Sound:Ding, Show Preview: OFF and View in Lock Screen: ON. Now I don't have the GMAIL alerts set because even though the VIP is emailing me to my gmail I only want notifications when they email me not from every email I receive from others which is why I set the alerts on the VIP folder and not gmail. Not sure how the VIP folder is attached to the GMAIL. Hope this is making sense. 🙂

VIP email alerts/notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.