Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos in events are suddenly in random order

Suddenly, many of my events has their photos in what seems to be a random order. This is true for both my iPhone 4 and iPad 3. gen. The order in iPhoto on my Mac is as I have set it to be, by date.

What I have tried so far:

- Deleting the "iPod photo cache" folder, and resyncing all the pictures

This is not the first time the Photos app on my iOS devices acts weird. Ever since a couple of years ago all the thumbnails of the events has been set to the first photo of the event.

Any suggestions?

iPad, iOS 6.0.1, iPad 3. gen

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:28 AM

2 replies

Dec 17, 2012 9:20 AM in response to JorgenKS

I have the same problem using iPhoto 11 and iPad first generation (ios5). Pictures are sorted in chronological order in albums in iPhoto, but on the iPad they are grouped into Horizontal and vertical orientation. Horizontal oriented pictures comes first in the albums in reverse chronological order, vertical oriented pictures comes after in chronological order! 😮

Dec 21, 2012 9:08 AM in response to JorgenKS

Hi there. I had great success by renaming my photos in iPhoto (there a bacth process for doing that), giving them date and time as file names, then sorting by name, syncing my iPad afterwards gave pictures in chronological order!! (but I don understand why it is made this cumbersome way...)

Photos in events are suddenly in random order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.