Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not sending

I can receive fine, but nothing sends. Prior to this, all replies to myself were coming into the 2nd of 2 gmail accounts instead of the 1st where they were sent.

Now my "sent" menu on the left just fills and my "sending" progress bar the bottom just stops and keeps sayin git ssending at "x" kb/s and it actually moves...but nothing actually sends.

Anyway to clear my Mail cache or something? get it straightened up?

MacBook Pro 2.2 C2D, 4GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Mac OS X (10.6.8), iBook G4 1.3 Ghz 120GB 7200 RPM HDD 1.5GB Ram, Gen1 iPad

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 3:19 PM

1 reply

Dec 16, 2012 3:40 PM in response to bobsbarricades

Try going to mail preferences> highlighting the offending email account and deleteing it with the minus sign. Try recreating(highlight the offending acct) and delete it with the minus sign recreate with the plus sign( using a new email address with another acct (likegmail3) with a new password. Go to your home library>mail > mailboxes, select the mail box that is offending and delete it. recreate the new mailox. Hope this helps.

Also go to mail preferences and make sure that Outgoing mail Server SMTP) is not set to none , and your server

Mail not sending

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.