Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 white or black? cant choose

Trying to decide which color to go with. I have my black iPhone 4 and i can upgrade this FRIDAY! I have waited 2 years for this !

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 5:32 PM

17 replies

Mar 7, 2013 3:44 AM in response to Madison336

go for WHITE! reason: i like the black color more, BUT the black iPhone 5's aluminium part is Painted black, and even the smallest scratch will look Very annoying (scratched area will become gray -> high contrast with black).

the White iphone 5's back is not painted , it has it's true aluminium color, like the macbook pro.

May 8, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Rakkasan187

Rakkasan187 wrote:

I'm thinking white.... Only because I live in South Texas and hopefully a white phone won't heat up in the sun as quickly as a black phone would???? Maybe???

Apple doesn't sell the iPhone 5 anymore. You could get a silver iPhone 5S or a white iPhone 5C. However, the amount of heat generated by the phone is the same regardless of the color. It's not going to make much, if any difference what color you buy.

iPhone 5 white or black? cant choose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.