Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing Address Book

Not sure if this is the place to post this. But I couldn't find a discussion on Address Book.

I want to sync my address book across several Macs and my new iPhone and iPad.

I tried syncing to Google and it was a mess. When the sync came back from Google it created several duplicate contacts. And all the duplicates were missing some info. Most of them were missing the website.

As near as I can tell the fields on Google for their contacts are not the same as on Address Book.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Anyone have a good suggestion outside of iCloud?

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2012 3:22 PM

Looks like iCloud is by far the best way.

3 replies

Dec 30, 2012 12:28 PM in response to Detlef Kretschmer

Thanks Detlef;

Thank you for the info.

I think I have decided to upgrade to OS X 10.8 on my 2 MacBook Pros. Since getting an iPad and iPhone and using the syncing of iCloud I am quite pleased with that. The only reason I was reluctant to upgrade my other computers was for some few application I was using that would not run on the new Mac systems. But due to some lifestyle changes on my end and in researching current compatibility of 10.8 I think I will make the new system work or switch to other software.

Syncing Address Book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.