Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to send Blank vcf Cards to all my contacts ask them to comeplete and return to me. So that I can up date my contacts with complete information.

I would like to send Blank vcf Cards to all my contacts ask them to comeplete and return to me. So that I can up date my contacts with complete information.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 12:56 PM

How do you propose to send them to people? Email isn't the safest way to send personal information back and forth unless you can encrypt it. If you will type encrypt in Mail help there is information there about encrypting.

I took a quick look at Contacts help section and there doesn't appear to be a way to create blank cards. I think you might have to ask them to export their information from their Contacts/address book and send it to you.

Maybe someone smarter knows how to do what you want to do.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2012 12:56 PM in response to Finn Mac Cool

How do you propose to send them to people? Email isn't the safest way to send personal information back and forth unless you can encrypt it. If you will type encrypt in Mail help there is information there about encrypting.

I took a quick look at Contacts help section and there doesn't appear to be a way to create blank cards. I think you might have to ask them to export their information from their Contacts/address book and send it to you.

Maybe someone smarter knows how to do what you want to do.

Dec 17, 2012 1:55 PM in response to Finn Mac Cool

Finn Mac Cool wrote:

You can't do what you want, a blank vcard can't be filled in without using Contacts or similar to do it and you can't save a blank card in Contacts or Address Book.

Have them send you a vcard from their own Contacts software, import that.

Dec 18, 2012 3:57 AM in response to Finn Mac Cool

You can't make or send totally "blank" vCards. Some information in them is necessary.

But since you are referring to "your contacts" I suppose you have some info of them already, and if it's only their name and email address (how else could you send them anything...).

So then, take their present vCard you have of them and send it to them asking for verification and completion:

- In Contacts, either export all your contacts as vCards, or drag and drop one by one onto the desktop or into some folder.

- Compose your email and attach the vCard of the recipient. Most people will be absolutely able to open it, see and complete it, then save it and mail back to you.

When you get them back and drag them onto Contacts, you might create doubles, but deleting the old one is as simple as selecting it and hit the Delete key (or Fn-Backspace).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.