Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant active my unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 6.0.1

I have been trying to active my unlock iPhone 3GS since a week ago, and always the same window telling me that The activation server is unavaliable now, try later. I did try with SIM, without it, with a connection without proxies, in WIFI, in iTunes, and nothing at all.

PLEASSSSSSSSE I really need your help, I'm getting crazy.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 8:13 AM

14 replies

Dec 17, 2012 8:38 AM in response to alejandrofromciudad habana

Sounds to me like your phone was jailbroken or hacked to unlock it. NOT legitimately unlocked.

Where EXACTLY did you get the phone? If it was unlocked by anyone other than the carrier it was originally locked to, then it was hacked. If it was hacked/jailbroken prior to attempting to apply a legitimate unlock, it may now be bricked.

Dec 17, 2012 1:33 PM in response to alejandrofromciudad habana

alejandrofromciudad habana wrote:

I have been trying to active my unlock iPhone 3GS since a week ago, and always the same window telling me that The activation server is unavaliable now, try later. I did try with SIM, without it, with a connection without proxies, in WIFI, in iTunes, and nothing at all.

PLEASSSSSSSSE I really need your help, I'm getting crazy.

The posts so far have missed one key point: the message that the activation server is unavailable. This has nothing to do with unlocking, jailbreaking, or anything else. If the activation server cannot be contacted then the unlock, even if it is authorized, will not happen.

There are several reasons why the activation server gs.apple.com cannot be contacted:

1. Your antivirus or firewall is blocking access to the activation server on ports 80 and 443.

2. Your computer was used to hack or jailbreak an iOS device at some time in the past and your computer hosts file is corrupted.

3. Apple is not accepting requests from your country, or your country's Internet is blocking access. I see from the list of supported countries that Cuba is not supported: https://www.apple.com/choose-your-country/

For 1. try disabling your antivirus and firewall and try again.

For 2. edit your hosts file (c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts; MacL /etc/hosts) and delete any lines that contain gs.apple.com.

For 3. it's harder, but try a VPN proxy such as tor.

Note, however, that if your phone was ever hacked or jailbroken to unlock it the authorized unlock will fail.

Feb 2, 2013 7:35 AM in response to alejandrofromciudad habana

Hi Alejendroframociudad habana and anyone else

We have been vacationing in Cuba for 30 years. we stay in 2 star hotels so no internet access for guest.

I to would like to use my Iphone 3gs and ipad 4 to pick up my emails or go on the web. Some one told me I could buy a sim card with paid data and put it in my phone. Howeve, we fly into Varadero not Habana so I am not sure where to go to buy one and whether it would fit in my phone. I know I have to have my server unlock it first and then set up a persoal hotspot. But I have to pay to have it unlocked and don't want to unless I know this will work and I can actually buy a sim car for it. My carrier is Rogers and they are not supported in Cuba.

any help would be apprecieated.

I cant active my unlock iPhone 3GS iOS 6.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.