Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari won't load facebook

I cannot view Facebook with Safari. No matter how I try to get to the page, Safari does nothing. Type the full URL, just facebook.com, use a bookmark, use a link from anywhere, Safari just sits there like I never typed anything or hit. The URL request blanks out and the last page stays static.

Whats up with that?

Safari 6.0.1, OS-X 10.8.2

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), Safari 5.0.5

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2017 8:39 AM

is anyone else having trouble loading Facebook on safari?

22 replies

Apr 3, 2017 3:12 AM in response to phxpaul

Weird, I came into work with the same issue this morning!

Thought it might be an issue with Keychain so killed off all facebook related keychains and rebooted but no joy. I'm not using any proxies either. Facebook loads fine in other browsers too so it's not a firewall issue either.

Oddly... If I use a new 'private window' I can access facebook fine.

Any help appreciated!

Dec 17, 2012 9:46 PM in response to phxpaul

Select  System Preferences Network. If the preference pane is locked, click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password to unlock it. Then click the Advanced button and select the Proxies tab. If any proxy options are selected, deselect them. You don’t need to change the bypass or FTP settings. Click OK and then Apply. Test.

Dec 27, 2012 3:15 PM in response to phxpaul

Hello,

I had a similar problem with my Mac. For me, my computer was saying that there was a certification problem. Even when I would allow a certification exception it would still open facebook in HTML. Here is what happened: Somehow, my date and time were wrong on my computer. So, when I tried to access facebook it interracted with my computer and since facebook's certificate was for Dec. 27, 2012, my computer would not sync because it was set for 2011.

So, I changed my date and time on my computer and facebook began working again.

Hopefully this can help...

May 9, 2014 4:55 AM in response to phxpaul

Hi!

I am using Mac OSX 10.6.8. That is as far as I can go on my 2006 MbPro.

This is happening to me now also. Firefox works fine. Every webpage in Safari loads - but not Facebook.

When I click on the bookmark, or type in the URL, FB will not load. The URL is in the bar but the page is blank.

The FB URL starts with 'https" - if that matters.

It has been working fine for years. Yesterday it did it.

I always hit 'reset safari' when I quit it. I have also cleared the cache from the drop down menu.

I went to System Preferences < Network < Advanced < Proxies. Nothing is checked. BUT this was in Bypass:

*.local, 169.254/16

I wrote it down, deleted it, hit Ok < Apply.

I also went to Keychain and deleted anything with Facebook - including certificates. And that was probably a dumb move.

I have been using Social Fixer in both Safari and Firefox. I deleted all Social Fixer stuff in Safari.

So I am stumped.

PS What if I downloaded and Reinstalled Safari? Would that do anything? What would happen to my bookmarks?

safari won't load facebook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.