Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.8.2 SMB Problems

I am running a Mac Mini with 10.8.2 and am unable to connect from a Konica Minolta C550 printer using SMB. It use to work before upgrading to 10.8. Anyone know a work around for this as we had been storing all of our scans on our mac sever.

Mac mini Server (Mid 2010), OS X Server, 10.8.2

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:08 AM

7 replies

Feb 21, 2013 11:45 AM in response to DMGWORK

Go into your Network connections via System Preferences. Click the Advanced button for the network connection that's currently enabled. Go into the WINS tab and make sure the Workgroup and NetBios Name are populated. If not, click the dropdown for Workgroup and select workgroup; then OK and Apply. Go back in and keep doing this until workgroup stays. Try your Konica again.

Feb 21, 2013 4:17 PM in response to DMGWORK

Yeah, I'm running OS X Server also on a Mac Mini and from my experiences, the PCs in the household couldn't connect via SMB to the Mac Mini until I set the Workgroup and Netbios Name in the WINS tab in Network on the Mini after a reboot.

Did any hardware change? Like maybe the router was replaced with a different brand and the Konica isn't getting the correct IP address?

10.8.2 SMB Problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.