Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iCloud backup show incorrect date and time?

When I back up my iPhone or iPad on my wireless network, the backup seems to go OK, but the message in iTunes shows an incorrect date and time for the backup. For example I have just backed up my iPad, but the note below the backup box shows the backup occurred yesterday in the afternoon. Why?

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 3:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 17, 2012 3:45 PM in response to wgwood

I suggest checking three things:

1. Settings > General > Date & Time: Should have "Set Automatically" set to "On."

2. Log on to http://www.icloud.com with your Apple ID and password. Click your Apple ID in the upper right, and make sure "Time Zone" is set to your correct time zone.

3. Open Calendar on the icloud.com panel. Click the gear in the upper right, then choose "Preferences". Go to "Advanced" and make sure "Enable Time Zone Support" is checked.

Why does iCloud backup show incorrect date and time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.