Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting lots of files from old Macbook

Hello, I bought a new computer and now I want to give the previous one to my parents.

I followed instructions to delete lots of files (creating another user, choosing the - button at the accounts window etc) BUT i think i did something wrong because all what happened is that my previous user dissappeared but never saw any sort of deleting process.

So now I "think" the computer is still full with all my files (music, videos, docs, etc) but don't know how to access it in order to delete them and set the space free for my parents to use it.

Could you please help me?

I don't have the original installation discs. The computer is rather old (at least 7 years).

Thank you and looking forward!

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 5:51 PM

3 replies

Dec 18, 2012 8:58 AM in response to cosmovart

And get the iLife '11 DVD to get iPhoto and iMovie, iDVD and Garage Band. http://www.ebay.com/sch/Software-/18793/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ilife%2011&_sop=12

It would help to know which one of the 9 different models of MacBook you have. To see which model you have go to the Apple in the upper left corner and select About This Mac, then click on More Info. When System Profiler comes up check the Model Identifier and post it back here.

Deleting lots of files from old Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.