Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP c309a Photosmart Printer Software Unavailable on Software Update Server Even Though It Is Supported - Printer Won't Work via USB

I have a HP c309a printer that I am trying to use via USB. It has always worked for me when hooked up via ethernet but recently I decided to hook it up via USB. I deleted all printers from Settings, went to add the new printer, and when it tried to download the software from the Apple server using Software Update, it said that it wasn't available. I confirmed that the printer was still being supported (it is). I downloaded the HP software again that I found in the Apple Support communities and once finished, I tried to reinstall the printer and it still said the software wasn't available. Is there a way to point my computer to the location that the software downloaded to on my hard drive? Any other ideas? Thank you in advance!

Mike

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 4:18 PM

4 replies

HP c309a Photosmart Printer Software Unavailable on Software Update Server Even Though It Is Supported - Printer Won't Work via USB

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.