Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

USB Modem issues

Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, my USB USRobotics 5637 no longer detects a dial tone. I have been in touch w USRobotics who say it is an Apple thing. I have another USB modem by ZOOM. It works on about 50% of my outgoing faxes. The others do not connect. But at least I know the cable phone lines is OK

I am using Moutain Lion 10.8.2 and faxing via Preview for some items, other from MacPractice EMR program and others from a variety of locations. I have never had issues with Lion or before.

I am using a iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3.

My settings in System Preferences are:

1. Network>Advanced...I have tried using all options on the pull down screen for detecting dial tone with change. I have the USRobotics selected

2. Printer I have search for the fax driver, found the appropriate one for both the Zoom and USRobotics and selected them.

Yet, I cannot get it to work.

Help please.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 17, 2012 10:17 PM

1 reply

USB Modem issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.