Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 11 won't open on project in particular.

User uploaded file After Loading Garageband quites and this pops up!User uploaded fileIs the project to big as it was an all vocal track...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Mac iOS X (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:50 AM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2012 5:20 AM in response to ADHainsa

What makes you think the project is too big? Do you get an error message that says so? What is the size of the project?

If the project turns out to be corrupted, you can still try to rescue the single recordings: ctrl-click your project in the Finder, select "Show Package Contents", go to the Media folder - it should contain all the recordings, unedited.

Dec 18, 2012 5:37 AM in response to Christoph Drösser

The project is 315.4MB. When i was able to open the project on occasion an error message would tell me that "the audio content wasn't fully loaded" or "cannot process all your edited content" or something similar, however it would still record s I thouht i just needed to process.

I did manage to see all the content Thanks for that! Just can't opent the project in garageband

Dec 18, 2012 6:21 AM in response to ADHainsa

The error message that I see in your screenshot "Exception type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS" and "KERN PROTECTION FAILURE" is a typical data error. It can be, that one of the audio recordings is in some way corrupted and cannot be opened.

Since you can see all the contents, I'd suggest to try the following: Copy the recorded audio tracks from the project to your Desktop and try to play them from the Finder. Try to find out, which of the audio files is corrupted. If you can find it, remove this file from your project to the Trash. Then try again to open your project in GarageBand. You will get a warning, that an audio file is missing - ignore it.

Regards

Léonie

Garageband 11 won't open on project in particular.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.