Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iPhone 5 via Thunderbolt?

Ok so the new lightning interface is great, and I love it as I didn't have any 3rd party stuff to use with the old 30-pin connector. I also am vey found of the now-not-so-new Thunderblot connector. It is fast, it is chainable, it is kind of hot, isn't it?

So tell me, why isn't there any cable to sync my iPhone via this fast interface? I mean USB is sooo 2010 :-D Wouldn't it be cool to use only Thunderbolt? I have my display and external drives hooked up via Thunderbolt, I don't see why Apple si pushing these new technologies, but not using them everywhere..

Any thoughts?

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:37 AM

11 replies

Dec 18, 2012 5:24 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Since this is discussion...

1. Agree that cable will always be quicker than WiFi but...
Wireless syncing is only slow if someone sits and watches it being synced.
In real life, when properly setup it takes "no time" so to say - as things happen in the background with no human input. Unlike with connecting cables and pressing buttons.

2. I have not been speculating what Apple will do as no one here knows.

I said in general that all syncing of smartphones and other portable devices has been moving towards wireless technology for the convenience of the end users.

This is not speculating, this is a fact.

Dec 18, 2012 6:37 AM in response to tzbikowski

tzbikowski wrote:

2. I have not been speculating what Apple will do as no one here knows.

I said in general that all syncing of smartphones and other portable devices has been moving towards wireless technology for the convenience of the end users.

This is not speculating, this is a fact.

I wasn't replying to you. I never said you were speculating.

Syncing iPhone 5 via Thunderbolt?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.