Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In Safari 6.0.2, Why won't it allow me to delete individual passwords from within the password-cleared viewing window?

In Safari, 6.0.2, I cannot gain clearance to delete individual passwords from the password list in preferences, even after using my password to view my list. Please help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mid 2011

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:31 AM

You'll have to delete the entire item by selecting the line, then click Remove.

If you want to "edit" a username or password, simply call up the website, then overwrite what's suggested there.

2 replies

Dec 18, 2012 5:56 AM in response to LousyFool

Reading between the lines (...the word entire gave me a much needed clue) I realized that both my wife and I had passwords to this website and I needed to delete both sets of lines. After months of not thinking of this system quirk it's now done. Thanks.

Of course, I had been clicking on the entire line, username-website-password, but it hadn't been working. I had given up months ago but now just felt lucky to try again.

Ciao!

J

In Safari 6.0.2, Why won't it allow me to delete individual passwords from within the password-cleared viewing window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.