Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi needs to be turned off and on to work/intermittent internet service

please help!!!my internet server are morons.they blame my mac..but that being said it does seem to be the mac.

i had cable with rogers it worked perfectly.

now i got it with the telephone company.they use the telephone system but it's high speed.

it works for awhile then freezes...one guy got me to change a setting automatic and a one with made up name.then turn wifi on and on...that worked for awhile...it froze me out eventually.15 minutes is about all i have...turned wifi off and on and it works...

is there something else i can play with.

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 5.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:16 AM

11 replies

Dec 18, 2012 9:57 AM in response to FunBoo

FB:

Welcome to the Apple Community. This seems to be your first time here.

Keep in mind that we are not Paid Apple Support Staff Employees, but rather other Apple Users that use this forum to help other users. We don't get paid for this and do it out of the kindness of our heats and in expanding our knowledge.

You need to slow down in your typing and be more thorough in explaining your problem with more details.

Dec 18, 2012 10:03 AM in response to rmgman

i know this is a volunteer group...

and i ve been here a ton of before and always get to click this solved my question button....

i have internet issues since i switched from rogers cable to Bell telephone internet.

i get about 15 minutes and then kabloohy...

i found out from Bell if i change in wifi settings/network configurastion from automatic to actually naming a thing and turning on off..it would help...

that worked for awhile...

then last night it screwed up again....

so far it's been working an hour....since i turned off computer last night and turned it back on...today..

is there other stuff i can do to make sure this won't happen again...

i googled and ended up with air port utility deal...

and i cannot get a base station to work from from the double click icon in utilities

Dec 18, 2012 10:48 AM in response to FunBoo

Your Mac connected reliably using your previous cable ISP and does not with Bell?

You did nothing wrong. Get Bell to fix it. You're paying them, make them work for you.

You do not need to use AirPort Utility unless you are using an AirPort Base Station. Your Mac can connect to any wireless network. No firmware updates are applicable.

Wifi needs to be turned off and on to work/intermittent internet service

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.