Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 5 screen goes black

On two occasions the screen on my iphone 5 (ATT) has gone black. The only response I can get from the home button and power button is for it to take a screen shot of the blackness.

This occured most recently while completing a voice call.

After a few minutes the phone seems to return to normal.

Is this an indication of a problem?

AS

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:44 PM

19 replies

Feb 21, 2013 11:56 PM in response to A Silverstone

I have had the similar issue with my iphone 5 on vodaphone network:

"On two occasions the screen on my iphone 5 (ATT) has gone black. The only response I can get from the home button and power button is for it to take a screen shot of the blackness.

This occured most recently while completing a voice call.

After a few minutes the phone seems to return to normal."

Therefore I went to genius bar and they replaced my phone. However I am having similar issue with my new iphone 5. I think it could be a bug on ios 6.1.2.

Nov 12, 2013 10:53 AM in response to A Silverstone

Just experienced this for the first time as well, after owning it for a year, and I have been on iOS7 since the first week it was released (a couple of months, now?). The screen went black at the exact end of a call. At first, it displayed only my home background without any apps, and so I hit the Sleep button and wanted to turn it back on with no success. Only the Home button worked and Siri responded. Thanks for the tip on the hard reset by holding the Sleep button and Home button simultaneously for 20 seconds!

iphone 5 screen goes black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.