Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I avoid getting this message whenever I opera Aperture 3.4.3? Thanks

"Insufficent Disk Space" it then does something to the Aperture Library. I have several Aperture Libraries stored on a 1.5T external hardrive with 1.24 T available. My internal 500G drive has 1.95G availble. Any ideas? Thanks!

Dennis

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 500g @7200 rpm, 8G memory

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 10:32 PM

My internal 500G drive has 1.95G availble. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mt. Lion needs much more free space on your internal drive than this. The operating system needs space on the system volume for caches, as a swapping area, and for sandboxing. Try to free at least 10 GB on your internal hard drive, to get the system working again; 20 GB would be better.

Regards

Léonie

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 18, 2012 10:32 PM in response to Dennis Golombek1

My internal 500G drive has 1.95G availble. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mt. Lion needs much more free space on your internal drive than this. The operating system needs space on the system volume for caches, as a swapping area, and for sandboxing. Try to free at least 10 GB on your internal hard drive, to get the system working again; 20 GB would be better.

Regards

Léonie

Dec 19, 2012 7:42 AM in response to Dennis Golombek1

Dennis, there must be something else wrong with your Aperture Libraries, if you are getting this message, with so much free space available. Have your Aperture libraries been last used with an older Aperture version and need upgrading? How do you start Aperture? By clicking the Dock icon? Then try the following:

• If your Aperture Libraries need upgrading to a newer Aperture version, repair them first:

Select one of your Aperture Libraries on the external drive, hold down the key combination ⌥⌘ firmly, while you double click the library to launch into the First Aid Tools. Select "Repair Database". See, if Aperture now opens correctly.

• If your Aperture Libraries does not need upgrading to a newer Aperture version, simply double click it to open in Aperture.

Does any of this make Aperture launch properly on one of your libraries?

If not, try, if you at least can launch Aperture to create a new, empty Aperture library, by holding down the ⌥-key, while you launch Aperture and select "Other/New".

Regards

Léonie

Dec 19, 2012 8:00 AM in response to léonie

Léonie,

Thanks again.

After your earlier message I did cleanout more space on my internal drive and moved my libraries from the external drives onto my internal drives leaving me with 170.G free. I also made sure that all libraries are set for 3.4.3.

All open and seem to be working smoothly as well as opening faster.

Thanks for the assistance.

Dennis

How can I avoid getting this message whenever I opera Aperture 3.4.3? Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.