Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 battery life is very short

iPhone 5

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 5:05 PM

15 replies

Dec 31, 2012 7:28 PM in response to horita4

You can extend battery by trying these things. Turn off WIFI when you do not need it. Turn off bluetooth (security), adjust screen brightness when needed. Avoid having mail pushed to your device, disable 3G/4G when you do not have sufficient coverage. Also, let the battery get below 20% and then charge it completely. This will calibrate the battery. Try these, and if they do not work then I would have the battery replaced.

Jan 1, 2013 7:21 AM in response to jmjacquinot

Gamerdude's tips wil improve battery life a small amount, but you have a problem with an app on your phone that is stuck in a loop sending data or attempting to send data and failing. You need to identify the app. The email app can do this if you have a MS Exchange Push account on the phone or an iCloud account. In either case sometimes a corrupt calendar or contacts entry can cause this symptom. Facebook is a real battery hog, even when it isn't experiencing a problem.

So one thing to try is to turn off your Exchange or iCloud accounts in Settings, reboot the phone (hold the HOME and SLEEP buttons until an Apple logo appears) and see if the problem is resolved. If it is turn the email accounts back on, one at a time, and test again.

Another useful trick is to run the battery down until the phone shuts off, then charge for 4 hours with the wall charger. This does two things: It kills all background processes, and it recalibrates the battery gauge.

You may have a bad battery, but usually the symptom of a bad battery is the phone will shut off as soon as you disconnect from power.

Mar 15, 2014 11:56 PM in response to horita4

i had a great battery life on ios 7.0.4 something about a 12 to 14 hours

the problem started from ios 7.0.6

i thought this is might be fixed by 7.1

but now the thing is driving me crazy to spear you a weird and easy soulation ill list what i did so far

1. Hard reboot

2. restore as new divice ( around 15 time so far )

3. turn off my i cloud

4. no internet at all on the device

5.re-calibrating the battery

6. airplane mood

7. turn off background app refresh and location service

yet nothing worked for me and i did all the above with a full charch and wait it till full drain then test snd still nothing working please if you have any new soulation let me know

Khaled on iphone5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.