Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would a song purchased from iTunes be ineligible for iCloud?

it is a protected AAC file at 128 kbps, purchased from iTunes.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 4:00 PM

11 replies

Dec 20, 2012 2:58 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I can't remove it and add it back, because it has been "removed" from iCloud, so the only copy is on my computer. The Get Info does show, on the "removed" or "ineligible" songs that I purchased them with a different Apple ID. Perhaps that is the problem? I spoke to an Apple tech some time ago about merging the two IDs, but apparently this is not possible.

Jul 24, 2015 5:10 PM in response to woowooz

I have this problem, but the songs in question were not added under a different account. In fact, I have three albums (2 purchased from iTunes, 1 from Amazon) for which all but one song are matched, no problem. How could one song be ineligible? Deleting and re-adding (not re-purchasing) has not worked, and I can't contact Apple support because they require a serial number. Any help??? thanks

Jul 24, 2015 5:47 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I have this problem, but the songs in question were not added under a different account. In fact, I have three albums (2 purchased from iTunes, 1 from Amazon) for which all but one song are matched, no problem. How could one song be ineligible? Deleting and re-adding (not re-purchasing) has not worked, and I can't contact Apple support because they require a serial number. Any help??? thanks

Why would a song purchased from iTunes be ineligible for iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.