Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has anyone used a printing service for books other then Apple?

I am having problems ordering a book from Apple and am wondering if there of other printing options now that I have designed the book using Aperture.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 8:22 PM

2 replies

Dec 21, 2012 11:07 PM in response to Scott Rullmann

There are many other book makers. Problem is they assume you will use their own software or build the book in the web browser. If you build the book in Aperture and save the PDF file, you'll have trouble getting book printers to accept the file. (Caveat: my experience with this is several years old. I haven't tried lately)

One thing you can do is use the PDF menu in the Aperture Print dialog and choose to save each page you've designed as a separate TIFF or JPEG file. Then when you design the book with another book printer's SW (Blurb online for example), just choose full page layout for each page and use your Aperture exported pages to fill in each page of the new book.

Has anyone used a printing service for books other then Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.