Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is numbers viewer friendly?

I'm just a beginner, but I finally managed to build a table without any problems. I sent the table to a Yahoo group I belong to, and I just got my first response: he couldn't open the file. Is Numbers considered to be a temperamental program? Can it be opened on PCs as well as Macs? What are some of the likely reasons he couldn't open my file? By the way, when I went to that site just now, I was able to open my file with absolutey no problems, and quickly, too.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 6:28 PM

7 replies

Dec 18, 2012 8:19 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

I converted the file to the PDF format, but I haven't yet heard back. I have to say that I find this to be disturbing. I'm probably forgetting, but I don't remember anything like this ever happening before. You've opened up a new world to me, although the term "underworld" seems more appropriate. I knew that Macs can't open windows files, but it never occurred to me that anything I did on my Mac was not universal. I haven't checked my new file myself, but I presume that PDF files can be opened by both PCs and Macs. If so, I guess i should make it a rule to always convert to PDF. Well, live and learn. I'll just have to make the most of it.

Dec 19, 2012 1:31 PM in response to Jerrold Green1

I just received word that my fellow member was able to open the PDF file I just sent to my Yahoo group. On the other hand, another friend of mine was able to open all of my files on a PC in a public library. Could it be that PC owners are able to use Numbers IF they have the proper tools? I'm obviously not a computer geek, but I do remember the term "codecs" . Could the proper "codec," or whatever, make PCs Numbers capable?

Is numbers viewer friendly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.