Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Calendar

Is it too much to ask someone to develop a way to upload *.cvs or *.xlsx format calendar files on iCloud web site?

Message was edited by: esteban2800

iPhone 5, iOS 5.1

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:34 PM

8 replies

Dec 18, 2012 8:23 PM in response to etresoft

Yes they are. You can export Outlook calendars in *.vcf, *.vcs, *.ics, *.pst, *.csv and *.xlxs formats and then upload them to iCloud using Outlook sync utility. It works with windows 7 but not with Windows 8. What I was proposing was to have a way to upload comma separated values (*.cvs) files directly to iCloud calendar's settings. Hotmail has it, Gmail has it, Yahoo has it. I hate them all. All I like is iCloud but the feature is not there.

Dec 18, 2012 8:53 PM in response to esteban2800

Below are step by steps to upload an Outlook calendar to iCloud:

1. Using Outlook 2010, click File, select Import

2. Select EXPORT to a file

3. Select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 or Comma Seperated Values (Windows)

4. Select the Calendar to export from (this is the source calendar)

5. Save the exported file as: Calendar.csv

6. Export "Appointments" from folder: Calendar

7. Export and create individual occurrences’ of appointments or tasks that occur between: range_date and range_date

8. The utility will export your file

9. Go back to File, Import, and NOW you will IMPORT the same file but now the DESTINATION will be iCloud

10. Select Import from another program or file

11. Select Microsoft Excel 97-2003 or Comma Separated Values (Windows)

12. Browse to the import file and select it

13. Now, you can only use "Allow duplicates to be created" because the other two selections (Replace duplicates with items imported and Do not import duplicates items) will give you an error. In fact, "do not import duplicate items does not do anything.

14. Click Next and now Select the iCloud Calendar

15. Click Next and your calendar will be uploaded to iCloud. This will create duplicates and you will need to delete your calendar constantly.

-------

Note: What I was proposing is to have an import utility directly into iCloud.com calendar's settings.

Dec 19, 2012 10:02 AM in response to esteban2800

You are just talking to other users here, not Apple. If you need Microsoft's tools to work in Windows 8, you will have to ask Microsoft. If you need something more from Apple, you can submit feedback or a bug/enhancement report.

I don't think there is any way to integrate with iCloud's calendars except via Apple's software. On a Mac you can script various system services and import data into Calendar which will then go into iCloud. You should be able to do the same thing on Windows, but you would be interfacing with Outlook instead.

iCloud Calendar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.