Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After downloading the mac os x 10.6.8 I can't open safari. It first told me that I could not run it with Safari 5.1 so I downloaded safari 6 because I had read that that would solve the problem. However I am still getting an error message. HELP!!

After downloading the mac os x 10.6.8 I can't open safari. It first told me that I could not run it with Safari 5.1 so I downloaded safari 6 because I had read that that would solve the problem. However I am still getting an error message. HELP!!

Posted on Dec 18, 2012 7:57 PM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2012 8:18 PM in response to Allan Eckert

It is now saying that "You can't use this version of the application Safari with this version of Mac OS X. You have Safari 4.0.3". Which is weird because this is the error message that I am getting after I installed Safari 6. Before I used to get an error saying that I couldn't use it because I had Safari 5.1.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.