Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased extended applecare coverage for my iphone 4s and should be covered till Dec.2013 at the apple store in Halifax NS I was told they have no record of my extended coverage and therefore they will not warrent my iPhone

I purchased extended applecare coverage for my iphone 4s and should be covered till Dec.2013 at the apple store in Halifax NS I was told they have no record of my extended coverage and therefore they will not warrent my iPhone

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:39 AM

12 replies

Dec 19, 2012 8:32 AM in response to varjak paw

I called apple support and the person With whom I was speaking didn't even bother to check for my apple care plan, he told me I had to find my receipt and take it to the apple store. This is inconvient, I paid for AppleCare and I want my coverage. This is my only phone and I was assured by apple that I had coverage till. dec.27, 2013. Will you refund the cost of the phone so that I can find a phone company that will honour their warranty?

Dec 19, 2012 8:46 AM in response to garyc0424

No, I will not refund your money; I cannot, since I don't work for Apple. None of us here in these forums do.

Apple will only accept a return of your iPhone if you purchased it in the last 30 days. Otherwise, you'll have to work with Apple to get the problem corrected. You can try calling Apple support and again asking for AppleCare Plan Administration and asking if you can fax in proof of purchase. Problems can occur with any purchase and it's often inconvenient to get them corrected; it's unfortunate, but that's life.

Regards.

Dec 19, 2012 8:52 AM in response to garyc0424

garyc0424 wrote:

I called apple support and the person With whom I was speaking didn't even bother to check for my apple care plan, he told me I had to find my receipt and take it to the apple store. This is inconvient, I paid for AppleCare and I want my coverage.

To obtain a copy of your Plan Confirmation, enter your iPhone's serial number at www.apple.com/support/applecare/view.

You need your original sales receipt (emphasis added):

2. When Coverage Begins and Ends.

... To obtain your Plan Confirmation, register your Covered Equipment and your Plan’s registration number (“Plan Agreement Number”) with Apple. If auto-registration is available, your original sales receipt will be your Plan Confirmation. The terms of this Plan, the original sales receipt for your Plan and the Plan Confirmation are each part of your service contract.

Dec 19, 2012 9:21 AM in response to garyc0424

This is not helpful at all. I assume my equipment was registered when I purchased it. Surly three is someone in your ******* company who can confirm that I have coverage. I am fed up with jumping through hoops and trying to follow your confusing instructions. I guess the bottom line is that although I purchased an AppleCare plan that stated I was covered till Dec. 2013 you will not provide me with the coverage. I will investigate this further with consumer affairs. I am very disappointed with apple.

Dec 19, 2012 9:32 AM in response to garyc0424

First off, you are speaking with other users here, not Apple employees. You are speaking with other users who are trying to help you get this sorted out.

If Apple does not think you are covered, no matter how many times you ask them they will give you the same answer.

If your Applecare registration did not get processed for some unknown reason, no matter how many times you tell us and Apple that you are covered, the only proof is in your reciept. Do you not have a receipt?

Dec 19, 2012 11:22 AM in response to garyc0424

garyc0424 wrote:

I will investigate this further with consumer affairs. I am very disappointed with apple.

Even if you go to Consumer Affairs you will need to prove that you purchased the plan. Just your word will not work. So regardless you will need to get the receipt. Go back to the store you purchased the phone & plan from and see if you can get a copy of your receipt.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.