Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DxO plug-ins in Aperture

in previous versions of Aperture and DxO, I had the use of the DxO software through a plug-in in Aperture. It has disappeared and I can't find any infpormation relating to how I might get it back.

Any experiences out there?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion, Epson 3880, Epson 220

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 6:47 AM

Check the version of the plug-in you have, if it is compatible with the latest Aperture version. With Aperture 3.4.3 and Mt. Lion all plug-ins must be sand-boxed, see: Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

If your plug-in is compatible with Aperture 3.4, it should be installed in the Applications Support folder in your User Library or System Library:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

either in the sub folders "Export" or "Edit".

Regards

Léonie

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2012 6:47 AM in response to art Harris

Check the version of the plug-in you have, if it is compatible with the latest Aperture version. With Aperture 3.4.3 and Mt. Lion all plug-ins must be sand-boxed, see: Aperture 3.4 and later: Some third-party plug-ins are no longer compatible

If your plug-in is compatible with Aperture 3.4, it should be installed in the Applications Support folder in your User Library or System Library:

/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/

either in the sub folders "Export" or "Edit".

Regards

Léonie

Dec 19, 2012 5:54 PM in response to art Harris

You may have been using the plug-in called: "Catapult" at link below:

http://brushedpixel.com/catapult

As Leonie mentions, you will need to verify compatibility with the new sand-boxing requirements if using Aperture 3.4.x. I suggest contacting the author(s) of Catapult to verify.

Note - I have never used Catapult, but do use DxO Optics Pro 8 before importing into Aperture for a kit lense that needs optical corrections beyond the capabilities of Aperture (and takes too much time in ACR). 😉

DxO plug-ins in Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.