Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 Spam Text Message?

I received a text message with no message but a box on the left from some Holiday thing.

I deleted the text message & I rebooted the phone, possbily not in a timely manner.

I haven't noticed any issues with my phone, nor have any contacts received bogus text messages from my phone, that I am aware of.

Do I need to be worried that I have someone snooping in my stuff, or been attacked by some spam virus?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 6.0.1, Verizon

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 8:52 AM

It is not possible for your iPhone to contract a virus via an SMS. Nor does anyone have to hack your iPhone to be able to send you a spam SMS; many spammers have automated systems that just send SMS messages to every phone number sequentially, knowing that only a few will actually connect. So your iPhone is, unless you've jailbroken it, secure.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2012 8:52 AM in response to heatherj393

It is not possible for your iPhone to contract a virus via an SMS. Nor does anyone have to hack your iPhone to be able to send you a spam SMS; many spammers have automated systems that just send SMS messages to every phone number sequentially, knowing that only a few will actually connect. So your iPhone is, unless you've jailbroken it, secure.

Regards.

iPhone 4 Spam Text Message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.