Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 Books Filled shapes

How do I, when I create a book in aperture, create a fill shape. For example in 'edit layout' mode in the 'Journal" theme there are taupeish filled shapes that sit behind the photos creating a border. I can select them, move them, resize them. How do I create them or change the color?

thanks

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 9:48 AM

1 reply

Dec 20, 2012 1:36 PM in response to Chris Shaddock

I can select them, move them, resize them. How do I create them or change the color?

Only by patching and modifying the Aperture application bundle or creating a copy of the theme from inside the bundle and installing it in your user library. The frames are png-files built into the program (Cream_lined_frame_sm_L.png, /Cream_lined_frame_sm_P.png), controlled by property list files and reside in the folder

/Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/Resources/Book Themes/Photo Journal/Extra Large/Frames/

To change the color of the frames you would have to create a copy of the "/Applications/Aperture.app/Contents/Resources/Book Themes/Photo Journal" theme and install it in your User Library (your home folder/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Book Themes/) under a new name, then edit the png-files to your liking and use your custom theme.

Regards

Léonie

Aperture 3 Books Filled shapes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.