Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wall plate adaptor for iMac

Apple used to sell an adaptor to fix the iMac onto a wall bracket with standard VESA holes like the ones we hang our flat screen TV's on. I know they have removed the item from the store and I'm assuming thats because of the shape of the new model. Does anyone think they will supply one for this new model?

iMac

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 11:51 AM

njw1, this is a user to user support forum so nobody here will have any knowledge about the wall bracket adapter support for the newer iMacs. You will have to contact Apple Sales department directly in regards to your question. Good luck!

2 replies

Dec 19, 2012 12:43 PM in response to njw1

The item is still there see

VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac and LED Cinema or Apple Thunderbolt Display

but it only shows compatibility up to the 2011 27in iMac, the 2012's are listed. This may be an over site or it may be that this doesn't work on the new models.

The plate was attached by removing the iMac stand so I'm not sure the change in the edge dimensions of the iMac should make a difference, the stand looks the same.

I would suggest contacting the store and asking.

regards

Wall plate adaptor for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.