Skip navigation

Wall plate adaptor for iMac

252 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 12:43 PM by Frank Caggiano RSS
njw1 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 19, 2012 11:30 AM

Apple used to sell an adaptor to fix the iMac onto a wall bracket with standard VESA holes like the ones we hang our flat screen TV's on. I know they have removed the item from the store and I'm assuming thats because of the shape of the new model. Does anyone think they will supply one for this new model?

  • JShimazaki Level 2 Level 2 (355 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 11:51 AM (in response to njw1)

    njw1, this is a user to user support forum so nobody here will have any knowledge about the wall bracket adapter support for the newer iMacs. You will have to contact Apple Sales department directly in regards to your question. Good luck!

  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,830 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 12:43 PM (in response to njw1)

    The item is still there see


    VESA Mount Adapter Kit for iMac and LED Cinema or Apple Thunderbolt Display


    but it only shows compatibility up to the 2011 27in iMac, the 2012's are listed. This may be an over site or it may be that this doesn't work on the new models.


    The plate was attached by removing the iMac stand so I'm not sure the change in the edge dimensions of the iMac should make a difference, the stand looks the same.


    I would suggest contacting the store and asking.




More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.