Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Slideshow skips 1st image ....

... actually shows it for a fraction of a second and skips to slide #2; but when it comes around to the first slide again, proceeds correctly.

That happens when I uncheck the Show Title box. Time per slide is 5 seconds, images dissolve into the next ones over a period of 1 second.

Furthermore, exiting the slideshow freezes Aperture and I have to force quit it and re-start it.

I have the latest Aperture version, whichever it is.

Any clues?

Thanks guys,

Raphael

iMac 21.5"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:28 AM

8 replies

Dec 21, 2012 2:44 PM in response to rshammaa

Raphael, I tried several themes as an instant slideshow, and I do not see what you are seeing. The first slide always displays correctly, even with the title disabled. What theme are you using? Or do you see the same for all themes?

Regards

Léonie

I have the latest Aperture version, whichever it is.

That will depend on your Mac OS X version; if your profile signature is current "Mac OS X (10.7.2)", this will be Aperture 3.2.4, but if you have upgraded to 10.7.5 or later, it would be Aperture 3.4.3 - which is it?

Dec 31, 2012 12:35 PM in response to rshammaa

An Aperture consultant at the Apple store today suggested I create a new user and test the slideshow feature. If the problem persists, It's an Aperture problem - in which case I can download a new version and delete the old one. If it does not replicate, it's a library-based malfunction, and the Library needs fixing.

So that's one sure way to isolate and pinpoint the source of the problem. I found that interesting and useful, and decided to share it with you guys who have nbeen so helpful to me in the past - not that it's entirely new thinking of course.

Meanwhile, I have not yet put it to the test. But I will.

Thanks a lot for everything,

Raphael

Slideshow skips 1st image ....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.