Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I Photo will not update after migrating from old I-Mac to new I-Mac with fusion drive

I just migrated from 2009 I-Mac with Mountain Lion to New I-Mac with Mountain Lion with migration Assistant. Now... I tunes will not update although Apple says one is available

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 10:47 AM

iTunes? or iPhoto?

3 replies

Dec 19, 2012 10:57 AM in response to TrentYoung

a couple of things - you should not "migrate" applications - you should use the new ones that come preinstalled - what version of of iPhoto do you have on your new mac?

Migration assistance does not handle the iPhoto library well sometimes - the best way is to drag the bad iphoto library from the pictures folder on the new system to the desktop, connect the two systems together (network, firewire target mode, etc) and drag the iPhoto library intact as a single entity from the old system to the pictures folder of the new system and launch iPhoto on the new system - it will open and convert the iPhoto library as necessary and you will be fine - once you test the iPhoto library you can delete the one on the desktop

LN

I Photo will not update after migrating from old I-Mac to new I-Mac with fusion drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.