Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud and the Powerbook g4

Can I connect to the icloud (on my iphone and ipad) using my Powerbook G4- I have purchased hundreds of songs (using itunes on my powerbook) over the years and would like to access them on my iphone and ipad

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:41 PM

5 replies

Dec 19, 2012 12:55 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks

So I would need to purchase a new computer just to use the icloud to access all the music on my mac? hmmm I don't think so, my money tree bears no leaves at the moment.

If I transfer some songs to a flash drive, then upload to the cloud using my PC (which is only a year old), could I then just access the music from the icloud or would the music need to be on an internal -permanent hard drive?

Dec 19, 2012 2:26 PM in response to MsMusic2U

To begin with, I would like to try to explain Apple's confusing nomenclature in regard to iCloud.

Apple have called the whole cloud thing iCloud, there are a number of features under the iCloud umbrella, some of which require their own login. iTunes is one of these, another is what Apple have unfortunately also called iCloud too.

You can use the same Apple ID (account) to login to both iCloud and iTunes, but you don't need to and often users will login to each service using a different ID.

The part that you need to remember is that the services available when you log into iCloud are completely different and unrelated to those when you log in to iTunes. Your iCloud login enables mail, contacts, calendars, find my phone, Back to My Mac, Documents & Data sharing and photostream, it does not affect any of your iTunes services.

icloud and the Powerbook g4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.