Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clicking and Dragging images to project

I have Aperture and had some images in a project inside an aplibrary. I wanted to move some of those images out of Project A into Project B so selected them and tried to click and drag but they would not go. Project B in the projects list on the L would not become highlighted and th eones I wanted to move out wouldn't move.

I made a new Project and did a click/drag to move them to it [Project C] - but instead of doing that, it copied the images into that project, did not move them.

This hasn't happened to me before so I'd appreciate any explanation. I'm runnign the up to date Aperture, on Lion, and have no other problems.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17G RAM

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 12:30 PM

Victoria, are you sure, you are moving between projects and not between other library items like albums, books, slideshows?

Only between projects will the images move. Dragging to an album will look like creating a new copy.

When dragging between projects the images will (should) only be copied, if you are holding down the options-key (or if has become stuck).

If you are really trying to move from a project and it does not succeed, then something may be wrong with your library. Try to fix your Aperture library with the First Aid Tools:

Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

I'd suggest to make a backup of the library first.

Regards

Léonie

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2012 12:30 PM in response to Victoria Herring

Victoria, are you sure, you are moving between projects and not between other library items like albums, books, slideshows?

Only between projects will the images move. Dragging to an album will look like creating a new copy.

When dragging between projects the images will (should) only be copied, if you are holding down the options-key (or if has become stuck).

If you are really trying to move from a project and it does not succeed, then something may be wrong with your library. Try to fix your Aperture library with the First Aid Tools:

Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

I'd suggest to make a backup of the library first.

Regards

Léonie

Clicking and Dragging images to project

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.