5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 19, 2012 12:50 PM by Frank Caggiano
Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
expertise.macosx
Mac OS X

I have Aperture and had some images in a project inside an aplibrary.  I wanted to move some of those images out of Project A into Project B so selected them and tried to click and drag but they would not go.  Project B in the projects list on the L would not become highlighted and th eones I wanted to move out wouldn't move.

I made a new Project and did a click/drag to move them to it [Project C] - but instead of doing that, it copied the images into that project, did not move them.

This hasn't happened to me before so I'd appreciate any explanation.  I'm runnign the up to date Aperture, on Lion, and have no other problems. 

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), 17G RAM
Reply by léonie on Dec 19, 2012 12:30 PM Helpful
Victoria, are you sure, you are moving between projects and not between other library items like albums, books, slideshows? Only between projects will the images move. Dragging to an album will look like creating a new copy. When dragging between projects the images will (should) only be copied, if you are holding down the options-key (or if has become stuck). If you are really trying to move from a project and it does not succeed, then something may be wrong with your library.  Try to fix your Aperture library with the First Aid Tools: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual I'd suggest to make a backup of the library first. RegardsLéonie

All replies

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac

Victoria, are you sure, you are moving between projects and not between other library items like albums, books, slideshows?

Only between projects will the images move. Dragging to an album will look like creating a new copy.

When dragging between projects the images will (should) only be copied, if you are holding down the options-key (or if has become stuck).

If you are really trying to move from a project and it does not succeed, then something may be wrong with your library.  Try to fix your Aperture library with the First Aid Tools:

Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library: Aperture 3 User Manual

I'd suggest to make a backup of the library first.

Regards

Léonie

• Victoria Herring Level 2 Level 2
    expertise.macosx
    Mac OS X

Thanks I'll do that and do the repair = yes I am certain it was a project I was trying to move to = icon was right and it was inside the aplibrary as such...but just in case I'll double check.  Thanks much!!!

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7

Are the images in question shared say  via facebook? Anything different about there images?

If they are shared they they can;t be moved from the original project they are in, Aperture will copy them to the new project.

• léonie Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.photosformac
    Photos for Mac
    If they are they they can;t be moved from the original project they are in, Aperture will copy them to the new project.

One reason more not to publish to FB

Added: Oh no, the same happens with my Flickr sets! if that is supposed to be a feature and not a bug, then I do not like it at all.

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7

Right filckr, couldn't think of that when I posted (senior moment).

This has been the case since I can remember. Bug? Feature? you be the judge!