Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We uploaded a video on imovie from my daughter's ipad 2 to itunes. How do I access it on my other devices?

My daughters created a movie using imovie on the ipad 2. When we tried to upload it to the camera roll or you tube, it always failed. The only place it says it uploaded correctly was to itunes. How do I access it on our laptop from itunes? We have authorized the laptop as one of our devices, but I have no idea where to find the uploaded movie in itunes itself. Can anyone help me out?

Does anyone know why the movie might not upload to the camera roll or you tube?

We want to upload it and save it to another device, because we need to delete it off of the ipad. It is taking up too much space and all the pictures they took to make the video are taking up even more space.

Help me if you can.

Momswan

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1, unable to upload movie to you tube

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 4:56 PM

4 replies

Dec 19, 2012 11:22 PM in response to Winston Churchill

I get into itunes on my daughter’s HP laptop which I have authorized for home sharing and it shows that home sharing is turned on. I do not see where to find or select “iPad” on the computer in order to navigate to the Apps tab, scroll down, etc. That is usually the problem with solutions I try to find. The first direction is impossible to follow and the buttons or options are nowhere to be found.

Help????

Dec 26, 2012 1:37 PM in response to Winston Churchill

OK. I finally figured out that I needed to plug the Ipad into my daughter's laptop to follow the instructions you stated. I found the project and saved it to my daughter's laptop (HP). I can find the project saved in her document folder, but it won't play in itunes. When we try to upload any of her movie projects to anything but itunes, it simply says, "There was an error uploading your movie to _____." whether it's camera roll or you tube.

I'm assuming at this point that the only way we can play the movie is to download it from itunes back onto the ipad.

Any other ideas why we can't upload their movie projects to you tube? or camera roll for transfer?

Thanks for your help. At least we have it saved where we can access it and download it again to watch on the ipad, but we just can't publish it for friends to view.

Momswan

We uploaded a video on imovie from my daughter's ipad 2 to itunes. How do I access it on my other devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.