Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I set up a hot spot on my new iPad. I can't call 611 as suggested.

I would like to set up a hot spot with my new iPad but can't figure out how to do that. I cannot log on to the suggested web site and, of course, I can't dial 611 from my iPad.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 5:54 PM

11 replies

Dec 20, 2012 1:43 PM in response to sberman

Good pointer. It lead me to a phonenumber to call and a real person who said she could help set up my personal hot spot. After that things too a turn for the worse. She could not set up the hot spot without cancelling my grandfathered unlimited data plan. She said I had to cancel that and buy a $50/mo 5Gig plan. I told her that is not what the AT&T wireless iPad support web site said. She wouldn't budge and I wouldn't cave in and accept a new plan - so - I did not get a hot spot, but I get to keep my unlimited $30/mo data plan.

End of discussion for now. I'm going to try to find a basis for an appeal. Wish me luck. If I succeed, I'll post here. If not, thanks to the members of this support community for your assistance.

How can I set up a hot spot on my new iPad. I can't call 611 as suggested.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.